My Photo
Name:

I look taller than I am, people always think that they know me,I almost know how to speak Spanish, I always need 4 more cents in the line at 7-11, I love art though I can't draw, I like to travel but I hate to unpack, I like to stare at cats.

Monday, February 23, 2009

Bad Things

If bad things come in three's then how do good things come? In four's, in hours, days, weeks or years? Every second can be this complete and perfect life time. If I can only remember that. It's easier to remember when it's quiet and I'm quiet. When I don't have the radio and t.v. on at the same time. When I don't see the flickering images that seem hungry for my waning time here. There seems to be an urgency by the media to tell me something.Something that is so important I won't be a whole person without the knowledge.
The volume goes up for no reason at all and there's a smiling, shiny woman in a yellow sweater smelling her towels fresh from the dryer. They need me to change. To become more regular, for my teeth to be whiter, for me to stand taller, be smarter, be happier and sleep better. I can do all of those things when I'm quiet.
All year we work to get that vacation. And then we race to pack for that vacation, and then we race through the airport to sit on the plane so that it can rush us through the air to get to a place to look at other people relaxing. We race to relax in a different place with new and different clothes on. I wonder if the people in Iraq and Afghanistan think we're relaxed? I wonder if they want to be us. We fight them so they can be more like us. So that they can rush to work after that cup of Grande Latte. I'm not saying that other people have all the answers, they don't have them either, but neither do we. It's okay to say that. People know it's true anyway. The hardest thing in the world to be is humble.
This is a late night rant I know, have to go to bed soon, but I just have to say that this consumer is full. I've been watching since the 60's and I'm full.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home