My Photo
Name:

I look taller than I am, people always think that they know me,I almost know how to speak Spanish, I always need 4 more cents in the line at 7-11, I love art though I can't draw, I like to travel but I hate to unpack, I like to stare at cats.

Monday, February 23, 2009

I'm Trouble

It's funny how the people you've known all of your life are the same, yet different. They know they've changed but are not sure when it happened. Secretly, and in the dead of night it has happened to me. I started to become one of those. The one that creates a small smile and a shake of their head while tossing an "I know the feeling," glance at the girl who thought it was an excellent idea to run into Walgreen's on Sunday morning in her little black dress with hooker heels from last night. The angel was pulling her hem down all the way to the cash register. We've all been there, at least once.
There's some momentary nostalgia yes, but the interesting thing is you don't want to keep going to the same address all of the time. There are other boulevards to explore. I don't think I'm better than the girl from Walgreen's I have been the girl at Walgreen's, I have just chosen to go down another street and through a different door.
It's a calmer door with sunshine, plants and kittens curled up on the sill. Candles, wine (on emergencies a little weed) good friends and different foods to experiment with. As opposed to the door the police may kick in at any moment because they're fairly sure Pookie lives there, the smoke detector is alarming, you don't have any clean panties to where to work and you think you may have enough gas to get there but you're not sure.
Maybe scenario B is a place where we all must travel. But don't stay there long it is a place to vacation, not a place to build a condo. And when it's time, it's okay to cut crazy loose. The formula which informs you that you're done is when you are exhausted yet everyone around you seems to be having the time of their life. Don't worry, you won't be lonely, crazy will want to visit often. But more importantly, with a new found distance from the insanity, you'll better be able to see foolishness walking drunkenly toward all the way down the street. They'll be handling a great big neon sign announcing, 'I'M TROUBLE', if you take the time to look. Stay strong all of my sisters. I think the next Walgreen's girl will catch my eye, and hopefully not look away ashamed I'm going to judge her, I never would. After all, she's the fun one to get into conversations with at the bars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home