My Photo
Name:

I look taller than I am, people always think that they know me,I almost know how to speak Spanish, I always need 4 more cents in the line at 7-11, I love art though I can't draw, I like to travel but I hate to unpack, I like to stare at cats.

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Twitter?

I'm not sure if it's necessary to state a thought and place it out into the atmosphere. How self involved are we becoming? I am guilty, I've twittered too. There is something that gnaws at the inside of me if I hear a term too many times without understanding what it's about. But, new technologies are merely ideas and not needed by everyone all of the time. Sometimes, they are not needed at all. How has twittering advanced us as a people, or a culture? I don't want to know what anyone is doing or thinking all of the time. And usually, once again including myself, it's nothing substantial. Time is wasted reading inconsequential information that seems to keep us very busy doing nothing at all. Social networks are something else that I can actually feel wasting the hours left in my day.

So why do I feel left out if I haven't checked my Myspace or Facebook page in three days? Have I missed some all important correspondence from someone that will change my life? I don't think so. Maybe because all of this is still fairly new and the potential glorious, but as everything else in life a balance has to be reached. I have an image of two kids on a see-saw, at first one's high in the air and then the other, but once they get comfortable, they are both in the air, weightless and being in their own space yet together without saying one word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home