My Photo
Name:

I look taller than I am, people always think that they know me,I almost know how to speak Spanish, I always need 4 more cents in the line at 7-11, I love art though I can't draw, I like to travel but I hate to unpack, I like to stare at cats.

Monday, February 23, 2009

Basquiat

Went to the Museum of Contemporary Art to see the Basquiat Exhibit again. He was apparently the last of the Impressionist. It was interesting to see an artists who'd been interviewed about his own work. It was a giddy atmosphere, everybody drinking wine, a dj was playing music and everybody looked like they were having a good time except for the attendants who were working, keeping all the drunks from touching the art.
Some chick was screaming at the top of her lungs about the art being scary; she was high. The night was beautiful and I was hanging out with cool friends. Went downtown to the Standard and had a drink, was approached by a homeless woman named appropriately enough--Gabby. She had several opinions that she freely expressed. It was a night of drama. Couples barefoot arguing on the sidewalks, drunk chicks smoking and arguing over available men, and frustrated waitresses. Saturdays are great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home