My Photo
Name:

I look taller than I am, people always think that they know me,I almost know how to speak Spanish, I always need 4 more cents in the line at 7-11, I love art though I can't draw, I like to travel but I hate to unpack, I like to stare at cats.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Return

Aaah, so glad to be back! Had to re-member my life. Have been to foreign lands, pitched tents and slept under the stars. Have been protected by circulating monks, and held by Professors, have a new tribe and a new love. Been a little busy. What's good for my soul is peace and have recreated that for myself with a little perseverance, a raised voice and a triumphant spirit. My mind has been opened once again to new ways of knowing and being yet it all feels like home. Received a present of a book of poetry by Pablo Neruda entitled Stones of the Sky, me along with others stood up at the table at a restaurant (other patrons left though they were very nice) and read an excerpt, we took turns celebrating with wine and wonderful communal fellowship, reading snippets of whatever moved us, even the waiter took his turn. That ladies and gentleman is the power of the word to move. Long after your gone such as Rilke or while you are still here such as Maya Angelou, your words fall out of mouths around the world and you have moved, connected and caused a change in emotion without you ever being the wiser. I thank the gods and my muse Clio for the gift of writing and wonder. I have missed this blog, I don't imagine that anyone in particular is chomping at the bit to read it, not sure that that is even the point of this public diary. Just know that it is nice to have a record of these wonderment's of life, my memory is pretty much shot, I primarily dance along with my images and allow them to come and go like my breath, so the moments when I want something a tad more concrete I can return to this cyber home for sustenance. Yum and hurray! When life is good it's great, when it's not so great, okay will do just fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home