My Photo
Name:

I look taller than I am, people always think that they know me,I almost know how to speak Spanish, I always need 4 more cents in the line at 7-11, I love art though I can't draw, I like to travel but I hate to unpack, I like to stare at cats.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Busyness

I was often told when I was young that I was lazy. My only two days off, the weekend, like other school age children was filled with things to do. In the end it felt like my days off were not days off at all. Saturday was the day you had to get up to do chores, such as sweeping, mopping, dusting, laundry or yard work. Sundays I had to get up early for church and most of that day was spent visiting relatives. I often wondered, where is my time? To think, sit, wonder, dream...to let my imagination take flight. I spend a fair amount of my days doing that now. I struggle with this from time to time now. Shouldn't I be doing something? Shouldn't I be producing, making, multi-tasking. The answer is no. Lazyness is a wondrous treat and feels as good today as when I was reprimanded for it forty years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home